July 31, 2007

Today I Hung Up My Jewelry

True confessions time: Three years ago I had the carpet replaced in my house. The installers broke the legs off my jewelry armoire and I wasn’t able to get the company to repair or replace it. For the last three years, I have looked at that poor, forlorn piece of furniture, standing upside down in my bedroom. I could still use the drawers, but I wasn’t able to open the side doors. Although it was functional, every time I looked at it, which was just about every day, it reminded me of a negative experience.

I had the tools to fix it, but I wasn’t sure I had the expertise and I was sure it would take a long time to figure out. I finally decided that I would take a shot at fixing it yesterday. There was a piece of wood missing, which made it a challenge to engineer a solution, but I tried what I thought would work.

The result? I was finally able to stand the jewelry armoire on its legs and hang my necklaces on the doors, creating less clutter in the drawers! The whole process took less than 15 minutes. I was so proud of myself, I told everyone I knew what I’d done. Why had it taken so long to do such a small task? Sometimes we let the feelings about completing a task take over the reality of just doing it. What tasks are you dreading right now that could use a simple fix? Take a few minutes each day to address these nagging issues and they won’t grow into overwhelming problems.


Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts