January 07, 2008

Income Tax Refund

While you’re thinking about the paperwork you need to do to get ready to submit your income taxes, consider the following: The IRS says 115,478 taxpayers are due refund checks worth a total of about $110 million; the checks were returned as undeliverable (see http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=164304,00.html).

If you think you might be due a refund that you never got, visit the IRS website:

Refund checks are mailed to a taxpayer's last known address, so make sure the IRS can find you when you move. Just because your employer or bank has your correct address, doesn’t mean the IRS automatically has it, too. To change your address, you need to file IRS Form 8822:

When you file your taxes this year, consider signing up for direct deposit of your refund check, whether you file a paper return or electronically. Use Form 8888,

If you don’t have internet access, you can call 800-TAX-FORM (800-829-3676) to order IRS forms.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts