September 29, 2009

Seasons Change


It’s time to say goodbye to summer. My neighbor has closed up his pool and it’s time for me to clean out the garden shed. While I don’t look forward to this task, it’s something I know I have to do every year so that I can start out next spring with everything in order.

After I empty it out, I hose down the floor, which has been visited by numerous wildlife over the past few months. I look at everything in the shed to determine whether I need to keep it for the following year or if it can get donated or thrown away. Right now I’m torn about my reel lawnmower. I haven’t used it because I get the grass cut by the condo association, but it still sits in the back of the shed. If I replace the fence in the back of my house I’ll need to start mowing my own lawn again. I don’t have plans to replace the fence anytime soon, so I think it’s time to let the lawnmower go to someone who will actually use it.

It’s also time to put the patio furniture away. If I were really ambitious, I would wax the furniture before I put it away, but I just wipe it down and put it in the shed. I have one wrought iron piece that I usually paint in the spring, because it gets rusty, but that’s the extent of my furniture care. The umbrella goes, too, as I say goodbye to summer and welcome autumn.

What seasonal tasks are you planning to complete? Click on comments, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/organizedmarcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts