October 28, 2009

Making Travel Easy




I just got back from a whirlwind trip to New York. I was only there for two days and there were a lot of things I wanted to see and do. I haven’t been there in a long time, so I made a list of places I wanted to visit, along with phone numbers, web sites and hours. I also listed the names, addresses and phone numbers of all the people I was visiting.

Although my friends and family made fun of me at first, they started to ask about the list. I told them that I added to it whenever I read an article about something to do in New York that I thought might be interesting. It was one page, front and back, and was easy to read and carry. As people told me about other things to do, I added them to the list, too.

Because I was depending on public transportation, I wrote the bus or subway routes that were closest to each place I visited. I will be going back again soon, and I can print the list again, with the new information. I can also take off places I’ve seen and don’t want to visit again.

I keep a “wish list” for all the places I want to visit. Before I leave, I check to make sure the addresses and phone numbers are correct, then print off a copy of the list. It’s useful, inexpensive and easy to carry. If you are afraid you might lose it or it might get damaged, you could email it to yourself so you can reprint it or you could print an extra copy.

What could you do to make your travels more organized? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/organizedmarcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts