July 06, 2010

Finish One Thing

I had company over 4th of July weekend and I wanted my home to look nice. I had several unfinished projects that I wanted to complete so that my cousin would enjoy her stay and I could feel like a host instead of a construction worker.

Of course, the best of intentions don’t always make things happen. I was fretting and flitting from project to project, which included finishing a wedding present for the weekend, too. I finally realized that I had set unrealistic timelines to get all the things done. My cousin would be happy to stay with me, even though the bathroom hadn’t been painted and I could go to the wedding without the gift in hand.

Once I made the commitment to just finish scraping the wallpaper in the guest bathroom, I could relax. I scheduled the work into my day and got it done on time. I worked on the gift when I needed a break, enjoying the process, instead of trying to finish it all in a frenzy of late-night sewing.

The curtains didn’t go up in the living room, among other tasks, but it didn’t matter. What’s important is spending time with people you care about, not whether you have finished all your outstanding projects. There will always be more to do, but time to enjoy family and friends is fleeting.

Can you pick just one thing to finish? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us about it.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/organizedmarcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts