October 18, 2010

Clean House

I do not like to clean. That may surprise people who mistakenly believe that being organized is the same as being clean and tidy.

My house is well organized, due in large part to putting things away when they’re no longer needed; however, I don’t enjoy spending time cleaning, dusting and vacuuming.

I do like to live in a clean house, though, so I have had to figure out ways to clean quickly and easily and make it seem less burdensome.

Yesterday I treated myself to a Reveal spray mop  from Rubbermaid because my trusty Swiffer mop finally gave out after 10 years. It appealed to me because you can use whatever liquid you want in the bottle and you can reuse the pad. I cannot calculate how much I have spent on disposable pads, not to mention that they ended up in the trash. The nature girl in me feels good about this purchase.

Nature girl also likes to avoid chemicals, whenever possible. I tend to use vinegar, water and baking soda for a lot of my cleaning, so my house smells like a salad when I’m finished. I still use chemicals in the bathroom because I have been convinced they kill germs.

Time for a change. Last week I splurged on method spray cleaner. It costs more than my usual chemical cleaner, but I’ve already become a fan. I love the grapefruit smell, it worked on some stains I had given up on, and I don’t feel like I’m contaminating the planet when I use it.

I can’t say that these changes make me look forward to cleaning, but now I don’t dislike it as much. What do you do to make cleaning more pleasant? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
And if you like this info, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts