January 30, 2012

I Lost 20 Pounds in 1 Weekend!


Sounds like an ad for one of those dubious weight-loss products.  I didn’t lose that kind of weight, though.

Saturday I went through the guest-room closet and replaced a rolling cart with a larger one from the basement.  I keep gifts in the closet, along with some childhood keepsakes.  Occasionally, I re-evaluate how much things mean to me and whether someone else could use them.  I wasn’t able to let go of the box of kids’ books yet, but I did say goodbye to some old things I was hanging on to.

On Sunday I went to the basement to look for a set of casters I had taken off the rolling cart several years ago.  I thought they were in the big popcorn tin where I’ve kept spare hardware parts for 20 years.  They weren’t in there, but I did find lots of things that I will probably never use again.  I pulled out the few things I might actually use and designated the rest for donation, along with the tin.  Some handyperson is going to be very happy to get it.

The popcorn tin was a holdover from my apartment days and it worked well.  Now, though, I have a tool chest with drawers, where I keep supplies for fixing things along with tools.  Getting rid of the excess stuff allows me to keep everything in the tool chest, instead of having two places to look for things.

Could you lose a few pounds?  What would you like to let go of over the next week?  Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by MarcieTM:  Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts