October 22, 2012

My Clutter

Every time I speak to a group, I ask if anyone thinks my house looks like a magazine layout. Most people say they believe it does.

Most people would be surprised to find that I have clutter, just like everyone else. 
  • There is a dishwasher in my foyer, awaiting pickup from the store that replaced it.
  • There is clothing hanging on the drying rack that needs to be folded and put away.
  • There is a box in my dining room, from the vacuum cleaner I bought two weeks ago.
  • There is a huge mess in my office because I painted it over the weekend.

Although the dishwasher has been an ongoing situation for over a month, I am assured it will be picked up this week.
The laundry was hung to dry last night and will be put away tonight. I tend to do household chores in the evening, after dinner.

After I’ve had the vacuum cleaner a month, I will recycle the box. If there is a problem and I need to return it, it will probably become apparent within the first month. I still have the receipt in the event that it stops working anytime after that.

My clutter is short term and I’ve made decisions about it; the actions will take place in the very near future. Contrast that with stuff that has been laying around for months or years because no one has taken an interest in it.

As for my office, I have moved the furniture back and I need to put all my materials away. The ladder that is standing in the middle of the room? As soon as I touch up the paint that peeled off with the tape, it’ll be gone, too. Tomorrow morning looks like a good time to get that done.

What decisions do you need to make to move out some of your clutter? Can you make an appointment with yourself to start this week? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on twitter  and facebook  
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:37 PM

    Hi, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can recommend? I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts