February 04, 2013

Thoughts on Cleaning (or Why My Sink is Like Your Clutter)


My house is pretty clean. I don’t like to spend time cleaning, so I don’t let big messes develop.

So, while I usually attack grime before it gets out of control, today I noticed the crusty growth around the kitchen faucet. Even though I wipe the faucet every time I wash dishes, there is something in the water that creates a nasty buildup around the faucet.

If I paid attention, I would clean it every time I cleaned the rest of the kitchen. Somehow, it escaped my notice.

As I scrubbed away at it, I thought that it related well to organizing:
  • It built up over time
  • I stopped noticing it
  • It would take time and several attempts before it would be cleared up
  • I need to work at regularly to keep it from coming back
Do you have a task that you put off? What can you do to get started? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on twitter  and facebook 
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts