December 02, 2013

I Saved a Bundle on Black Friday


If you are a veteran of this blog, you know that I am not a big proponent of shopping. Instead, I urge people to use what they have before going out to buy more.

So, how did I score on Black Friday?

I didn’t do any shopping at all.

That may seem like a trick, but the truth is that you don’t save any money when you spend. Even if something is on sale. You might spend less, but you don’t actually save. The only way to save is not to spend at all.

I’m not saying that you should never spend money. Instead, I ask that you scrutinize your purchases and determine why you’re making them. If you’re shopping as an activity or a social event, take a look at the things you buy and determine whether you really needed them.

Like most people, you probably can find enough things around your house already to give as gifts.

Rather than look at shopping as entertainment, find something else you enjoy doing and shop your house first.
 
In case you’re wondering – No, I didn’t shop on Cyber Monday either.
 
What do you have at home that you can use for gifts right now?
 
Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter , facebook and pinterest And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts