March 17, 2014

I Don’t Have Enough Time


At one of my presentations last week, someone said she couldn’t use any of the ideas I shared because she doesn’t have enough time. I say you do have enough time; you’re simply choosing to spend it in other ways.
 
Here’s an example from my very real life: I am experiencing major family medical difficulties, yet I still have to take care of my own issues. Today, for example, I spent most of my time on the phone, making arrangements for my mother’s care. I didn’t get to spend much time on my work, so I had to prioritize; lots of items on my agenda had to be rescheduled and I stayed in the office later than I wanted to.
 
Instead of saying that I didn’t have enough time to do all the things I wanted to do today, I reframed my perspective: I had to let go of some things today so I could focus on the unexpected urgent tasks.
 
Some days are just like that.
 
Want to learn more? The chapter "When You Can't Let Go of Habits" in The Clutter Book: When You Can't Let Go will guide you to look at how you use time.
 
What phrase can you substitute for “I don’t have time” when you realize you aren’t able to complete everything you want to do?
 
Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on twitterfacebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts