July 21, 2014

The Organizer Comes Clean on Clutter

Photo by franky242

I cooked Friday and left the pots and cookie sheets in the sink. I was tired and I really didn’t want to do dishes. So they sat for two days. I continued to put dishes in the dishwasher, but I left the things that needed to be hand-washed in the sink.

There they were, each time I went into the kitchen. Washing a few dishes isn’t that difficult, but I had turned it into a life-sucking undertaking that I just couldn’t motivate myself to do.

Then I woke up Sunday morning, made coffee and thought that I’d really like to see the sink empty.

Instead of saying that I didn’t want to wash dishes, I focused on what I did want. I wanted to see the clutter go away. And I washed the dishes, which probably took two minutes.

Sometimes changing your outlook on a task is all it takes to get it done. Instead of thinking about what you need to do, focus on what you want. Somehow, that simple attitude adjustment can make all the difference.

Are you putting off a chore that you can do easily? What is it that you want to see?

Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter, facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts