December 15, 2014

Happy Anniversary!

Photo by Stuart Miles
This week marks the 10th anniversary of the founding of Organized by Marcie TM. Ten years ago, on my birthday, I realized my dream of becoming a Professional Organizer.

I had experienced three layoffs in five years and I was ready for something new. I knew the statistics about most new businesses not surviving the first few years and I was determined to be one of the survivors. It hasn’t been easy but I’ve made it a goal to succeed.

People frequently ask what it takes to be a professional organizer. Here are ten qualities that make a successful organizer, in my opinion:

1.      Maintains visual curiosity
2.      Interested in human behavior
3.      Able to see the big picture
4.      Capable of honing in on fine details
5.      Aware of how long it takes to do things
6.      Possesses exceptional spatial sense
7.      Enjoys puzzles
8.      Knows the difference between clean and organized
9.      Understands that it’s not about you, it’s about the client
10.    Has outstanding verbal and written communication skills

If you’re going to own your own business, add these three:

1.    Willing to perform marketing, financial and administration functions in
  addition to doing the actual billable work
2.    Comfortable with not getting a regular paycheck
3.    Motivated to learn about business practices in addition to your field of work

Thank you to everyone who helped me get this far. I look forward to continuing my quest of saving the planet from clutter, one person at a time!

Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter , facebook.com and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts