June 22, 2015

Quote: Building Habits


Photo by smokedsalmon
About a month ago I decided that I wanted to establish some new habits.
 
I started by building on habits that I already had and added in additional steps when I felt that the previous ones had become part of my routine.
 
Now that I’ve been practicing them for several weeks, I don’t even think about it – they’ve become normal and expected parts of my day.
 
I wrote down the behaviors I wanted to change and posted the paper on my refrigerator, which made me remind myself every time I walked into the kitchen. You could post a note in the bathroom, at your desk or any conspicuous place you’ll see it.
 
The goal is to make the desired behavior become second nature so you don’t have to think about it at all.
The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken. Samuel Johnson

It wasn’t easy at the beginning; I had to ask myself each day if I remembered to do each of the steps. I faced some challenges in the past few weeks and gave myself permission to opt out a few times, but now the thought of skipping any of the steps just doesn’t come up. That’s the power of habit.
 
Do you have a habit you'd like to create?
 
Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on twitter, facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts