January 25, 2016

Quote: Organizing Isn’t Cleaning


People always ask if my house is extraordinarily clean. The answer is no. I don’t enjoy cleaning, so I don’t choose to spend a lot of time on it. You can’t eat off the floors and the windows don’t sparkle; my house is acceptably clean.

On the other hand, my house is extraordinarily well organized. If you ask where something is, I can locate it immediately. Getting to that point requires identifying a home for everything and the discipline to put them away.

Organizing is hard work - it entails a change of mind, heart, and action. 
– Marilyn Paul, Ph.D.

Having an organized home (or workspace) takes time and effort. It’s not a once-and-done task; however, after you set up your systems, it doesn’t take a lot of energy to maintain.

Which would you prefer to spend time on, cleaning or organizing?
Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter, facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts