February 22, 2016

Quote: Don’t Overthink It


Photo by anankkml
Last week I had a speaking engagement and people asked variants of the same questions I hear regularly: Where do I start? Where can I take my stuff? How much should I keep? Where’s the best place to put it?

I assured them that it doesn’t matter where they start or who ends up with the things they don’t want anymore. Those aren’t the big issues.

Asking yourself how you want to live is the big issue.
 
To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing. - Eva Young
 

Too often, people get tangled up in all the planning they think they need to do before they can start an organizing project. The planning then becomes the project and nothing changes because all the energy was spent on creating an elaborate plan instead of digging in to the clutter.

Don’t think too hard about every little detail and all the possible downsides of every decision. If you aren’t comfortable living the way you do, you know you need to make some changes. Start small. Make a decision. Live with it. Make another. Make an adjustment. Keep at it.

Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter, facebook.com and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts