February 08, 2016

Reader question –Making Better Use of Time

 
I regularly hear people say that they “don’t have time” to organize or they “don’t have time” to exercise or they “don’t have time” to read or do something else they enjoy.
 
The truth is that they do have time, but they have to make a choice between doing one thing or another.
 
It’s National Time Management Month, and I thought about choices this past weekend. If you’ve read my blog, you know that I don’t like to clean. Over the weekend, however, I had a rush of energy and the desire to clean. I took advantage of it and scrubbed the kitchen, far more than my normal surface cleaning.
 
Did I have time to clean? I suppose so, since I did it.
 
More importantly, I made the choice to take on that task instead of doing something else that was more enjoyable. To my surprise, it felt good to get it done. (Not so good, though, that I’m going to start scouring my house weekly from now on!)
 
Unless you have the ability to pay people to do everything you don’t want to do, you need to figure out a way to fit those chores into your schedule so you can do the all things you like, too.
 
Don’t use time as your excuse for not tackling projects. Make choices that allow you to accomplish goals that are important to you.
 
Do you use a technique to motivate yourself to start something you’ve been putting off? Do you reward yourself when you’re finished?
 

Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter, facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts