June 14, 2010

To Find it, Put it Away

I have been wearing eyeglasses since I was in junior high. During that very long time, I have never lost a pair of glasses. Not when I only used them for seeing the blackboard at school or watching TV or (eventually) driving. I lost my first pair of glasses the week after I turned 50. And they were only a few months old. It was the day before Christmas and I drove all over town, retracing my errand-running steps. No luck.

The reason I’m telling you this is that I almost lost the replacement pair recently. That would have been two pairs in less than six months; a new world’s record for me. I hardly ever lose anything, actually, so it was truly shocking. I realized that my glasses flipped out of the outside pocket in my purse, which I usually keep zipped. I’m guessing that’s how I lost the first pair, too.

Although I often am accused of being compulsive about putting things away, I know that if I put my eyeglasses in the pocket and zip it closed, they’ll be there the next time I need them. I would rather be accused of being compulsive than have to pay for another pair of glasses.

If you habitually lose things, figure out where you are going to keep them when you are not using them. Be consistent about putting them back and you won’t have to worry about what you did with them. What can you create a home for today? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/organizedmarcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts