June 21, 2010

What’s in Your Closet?

Recently I have been working with clients who did big clothing purges. They can’t figure out how they had so much clothing to begin with, and are amazed when they see the amount of clothes they chose not to keep. Shopping mistakes, gaining or losing weight, or just changing taste all contribute to clothing overflow if you put off dealing with them.

What’s most astounding is that there is still plenty of clothing left for them to wear after they pick the things they want to keep. I have not yet had a client who needed to restock after a clothing purge; rather, they found that they were able to access and enjoy the clothes that made them look good and feel good without having to search through things they weren’t wearing at all.

Research shows that we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time. If you are hanging onto clothes that don’t fit, don’t look good or don’t feel good, ask yourself if it’s time to pass them on. Someone else can benefit from the things you aren’t wearing and you gain space.

Full disclosure: I still have a teal textured leather miniskirt that I know I will never wear again. I had so much fun with it, 25 years ago, when it fit. I cannot imagine wearing it again, but when I see it hanging in the closet, it makes me smile. I think it’s time to let it find a new home.What’s in your closet that you’ll never wear? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/organizedmarcie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts