January 31, 2011

Product Review – Drying Out

Clients often ask me for product suggestions to solve specific problems. Coincidentally, two people recently were looking for dish-drying solutions. I found The Original™ Drying Mat for one of them who didn’t want to dry clean dishes on a towel.

I have been using Rubbermaid wire dish drainers for 25 years, along with their drain board, to keep water off my counters. I recommend them because think they’re well made, functional and they last a long time.

A few weeks ago my drain board needed to be replaced and I decided to try something new. Instead of buying another one, I bought a Drying Mat for myself at Bed Bath and Beyond. You can use the mat alone or with a dish drainer.

I am amazed how absorbent the mat is. The manufacturer says that it holds four times its weight in water. It is machine washable, made of foam laminated between two layers microfiber, and comes in two sizes, 16” x 18” and 18” x 24”. You can roll it or fold it up and put it away when you’re not using it, but I leave mine out all the time.

This inexpensive item is a great problem solver for hand-washed dishes. You could use a kitchen towel, but the mat doesn’t get wet or smelly and doesn’t need to be washed as often. Do you have a kitchen product that you really like? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by Marcie: Getting you organized so you have time to do what you love to do!
Follow me on twitter  and facebook

And if you like this info, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts