December 03, 2012

Truth and Consequences

I do not like to waste time. When there are things to be done, I am productive. When it’s time to relax, I enjoy myself. I have even been known to do nothing but sit and look out the window when the mood strikes.

In other words, I don’t need to accomplish something every minute of every day. I do, however, avoid activities that I don’t think are valuable.

All of this is leading up to a huge confession.

I was sick most of the weekend and by Sunday night I was getting a little stir crazy. Although I believe that cell phones are meant to be phones, not entertainment devices, I downloaded two games.

Long story short, I ended up playing games for three hours. I was so tired that I felt nauseated, but I had to continue to the next level. The only reason I finally stopped was because the phone’s battery was low.  That was when I looked at the clock and saw that it was just after 1 am.

The consequences of my behavior were trouble waking up this morning and persistent yawning, with a serious desire to take a nap.

So, you see, even people who believe in making the most of their time can slip up. I can’t get back those three hours, but I can recognize what I did and commit to not repeating the behavior. In fact, I’ve deleted the games from my phone, so now it’s back to being a communication device.

I’m sharing this story so you can appreciate that when you haven’t made good choices, you can return to positive habits.  If you could change one unproductive behavior, what would it be? Click on Post a Comment, below, and tell us.

Organized by MarcieTM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value Follow me on twitter and facebook
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts