June 30, 2014

Take Charge of Change Week


Photo by Stuart Miles
Yesterday I was thinking about the difference between a desire and an obligation. The difference between saying to yourself “I want to …” instead of “I should …”

I really wanted to do yard work, so it felt like fun instead of a chore. Later, I realized that I needed to wash the floors, which I didn’t want to do. I haven’t washed the floors in weeks and they look terrible. (Don’t judge, I’m going through a rough time.) I could have said that I haven’t had time, but I have. I just didn’t feel like it.

I know that housekeeping is the first thing to go when I feel overloaded.

So I did something different. I didn’t claim that I didn’t have enough time and I didn’t complain that I had yet another obligation to fulfill. Instead, I decided that I would enjoy seeing clean floors. I turned the task from have-to-do to want-to-do.

That doesn’t mean that I suddenly danced through the house like Cinderella, whistling while I worked. I completed one task that made me feel good. I wanted to accomplish it and I did.

This week is Take Charge of Change Week. If you can reframe one task this week, like I did, you’ll be on the way to creating some change in your life. What can you do to shake up your routine?

Organized by Marcie TM: Save time and money by letting go of what you don't need and finding room for what you value
Follow me on
twitter , facebook and pinterest
And if you like what you've read, share it using the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts